Monday, April 27, 2009

Forked: Baby Fish Blanket



Yarn: Red Heart Sport Solid [100% acrylic; 165 yds / 151 m per 50g skein]; colors: 0912 Cherry Red, 0254 Pumpkin, 0230 Yellow, 0687 Paddy Green, 0846 Skipper Blue; 1 of skein of each, 2 skeins of blue

Care: machine wash and dry

Needles: US 9 / 4.5 mm Inox Express circulars

Pattern: A Recipe for Fish by April Broken

Modifications: I modified the fish pattern to incorporate some of Stella’s decreases and the original shaping. I am also using my new favorite stretchy bind-off: k2, sl 2 back to left needle, k2tog tbl, k1, sl 2 back to left needle, k2tog tbl, continue end. Crocheted 2 rows of single crochet around the edges using green.

Date Begun: January 1, 2009

Date Completed: April 15, 2009

Gifted to: Baby Stinson

Notes: Although making the fish was incredibly tedious, I did enjoy this project in the end, and the final product really makes all the effort worth it. In fact. I will most likely be making myself a throw-sized version of this in nicer, adult-friendly yarn later this year.

No comments: