Sunday, September 30, 2007

Multi-project Victory

It's the last day of September, and all in all, September was a good month! I became a PhD candidate, started a old film club, joined the Providence SNB, and created a first draft of my prospectus. I did not fork a project, but I am super duper close. So, cheers, September for being a good month. Here's to October being equally good or better:)

***

Although it has been difficult to rotate my projects, and I had a minor setback last week involving Raglan, I managed to rotate all of my projects this week. For my unwicked ways, I have been rewarded with the end of Sweet's final sleeve! That last sleeve is blocking on my ironing board right now. All that remains is some seaming, a new fangled neckline, and this sweater, my first ever with actual long sleeves, will be forked! Although I shouldn't continue working on Sweet, I will because it is almost finished. It's just seaming so I think it's okay. I'll have pictures of it when it's complete. I took a picture of the sleeve, but it didn't do it justice:)

***

This is the week of the afghan! I continue my rotations with Mossy Leaves Afghan, My First Aran Afghan, Riblet Platter Socks, and Wide Rib Scarf. The goal for this week is to try to get to 5% on each afghan, 50% on the socks, and 30% on the scarf. I think if I really hunker down, I can make it. Then I can pick up Raglan again, and fork my second project in October!

***

Over the last few weeks, my rotations have left me a little starved for excitement. To add a little pizzaz to my knitting life, I purchased some long coveted yarn:

Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light
Color: 4245 Pitch Black
8 skeins

Lorna's Laces
Color: 205 Irving Park
2 skeins

Shibui Knits Sock
Color: 6 Ink
2 skeins

Madelinetosh Sock
Color: Chartres
1 skein

No comments: