Sunday, October 7, 2007

Musical Tendencies

This post will get to the knitting update, but first this awesome meme from Bronx Girl Knits!

Copy this list; leave in the bands you’ve seen perform live; delete the ones you haven’t, and add new ones that you have seen until you reach 25. An asterisk means the previous person had it on their list. Two asterisks means the last two people who did this before you had that band on their list. Three asterisks, etc.

Like Bronx Girl Knits, I also added plus signs for artists/groups I have seen multiple times. Sadly she and I only had INXS in common. The rest of the additions provides quite a picture of my youth. Kinda cool to reflect back on high school and college!

1- NIN +
2- Beck
3- Pearl Jam
4- Nirvana
5- Red Hot Chili Peppers
6- Soundgarden
7- Marilyn Manson +
8- Green Day
9- Alice In Chains
10- Oasis
11- Candlebox
12- Dave Matthews Band
13- Hole
14- 30 Seconds to Mars +
15- Korn +
16- Linkin Park
17- De Palmas (In France)
18- The Verve
19- Vanilla Ice (Don't judge me, I was young and impressionable)
20- INXS * (This was my first concert. I was 8!)
21- Smashing Pumpkins
21- Violent Femmes
22- Lenny Kravitz
23- System of a Down (In France)
24- Days of the New
25- New Kids on the Block (clearly my tastes changed a bit as I got older)


***

After finishing Sweet, I needed a small quick-to-knit project to finish to feel like I had some momentum going into my next big forkable project. I've wanted a Sheldon so badly, and then a girl at SnB last week actually started one! I feel ashamed to say I started one the very next day:) My Sheldon is a bit on the large size measuring in at 10" long, but he's got cute embroidered eyes. Here he is in his birthday suit (he's a bold little thing!).


***

In addition to finishing up Sheldon, I will also be working on my First Aran Afghan (didn't get to it last week), My Raglan Sweater, Scala Socks, and Rhiannon Socks.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Pepper said...

Sheldon!! I love him! The blue is so cute - I'm casting on for a blue one as soon as I finish my pink one (Sheldina). I'd like to make the blue one smaller, since it is for my baby nephew, but I haven't quite decided yet if I'm up for the challenge.