Thursday, April 30, 2009

One A Day 9-Patch QAL: Blocks 1-3

I've officially lost my mind and joined a quilt-a-long!

Essentially, you make a basic 9-patch everyday until you have 70. Then, voila! Add a little sashing, a patchwork border, a bit more sashing, and bind it off! I've started a handmade baby quilt and a full size Bento Box quilt. Neither is finished. Mostly because I have too many hobbies and never have enough time to work on all of them. Instead I move through phases: knitting, crocheting, sewing, quilting, needlepoint. I seem to be moving from my sewing phase to quilting. I'm hoping this QAL results in my first finished quilt!

Behold, the first three blocks (the set on the left is stacked)!



Check out other people's blocks: Flickr Group.
Join the fun: Crazy Mom Quilts.

Until next time...

1 comment:

ilex said...

You are a better woman than me. Quilting broke me. Well, that's not exactly true; my wedding dress broke me. But quilting got in some hefty blows and then the wedding dress finished me off.

The fabric choices are lovely, though. I wish you the best seeing it through- a finished quilt is truly a thing of beauty.

(So glad you de-lurked.)