Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What's beyond obsession?

After finishing the Gammon Garter for my friend Robin and the second pair of toe-up chevron socks, I caved and bought three skeins of luscious sock yarn (Lana Grossa Meilenweit Mega Boots Stretch Soft Color in 503) for Cookie A's Rhiannon socks.




I know...I know... I broke the "no new yarn" policy, but technically I already broke it for the garter, and then broke it again today when I decided to knit myself a sweater and skirt for fall. The yarns varied in price, so it's not as bad as it sounds. Well..that's not really true, but I just can't stop myself. In celebration of finishing the socks and the garter, I also started Anna's $5 in Paris sweater Monday night.

It's going well so far, although I think I may have made it one size too big. Yes, I checked my gauge, but somehow my knitting became really loose on the actual sweater. Oh well. Hopefully the 4-inch waist band will give it a cute vintage look. I hope to finish this quick-to-knit sweater in the next day or so. I am also starting the afore-mentioned Rhiannon socks tomorrow! They are really complicated and way more advanced than any sock I've ever made, so of course I want to at least get them on my needles:) I also need to design a sleek, just-below-the-knee skirt to make in the next three weeks. Never designed a skirt before, so this should be interesting! My adventures in knitting continue...

No comments: