Monday, March 31, 2008

Purgatory and Amsterdam

From the title of this post, you may be thinking that I am going to Purgatory based on adventures in Amsterdam, but it's the reverse actually! Yesterday, the Graduate Student Council at Brown took a yellow-bus full of graduate students to Purgatory Chasm in Massachusetts. The trip was full of revelry and awe. It was really lovely, and I'm sure I'll go back again. As for the the Amsterdam part... I'm leaving for the Netherlands in about 2 hours!!! I will be in Amsterdam for 7 days - 5 days of fun, 2 days of conference. I can handle that! I will be giving my first professional archaeology paper at this conference, so I am a little nervous, but I think it will be fine.

I leave you, thus, to finish packing and trying like heck to get all those little 3 oz bottles and tubes in one itsy bitsy one-quart bag... Behold, Purgatory Chasm...



The Dispersal of Folk



"Danger! Chasm Deadly When Ice is Present!"



The Devil's Pulpit? Or Maybe Lover's Leap



What a Cute Little Bridge



Oooh...



That looks walkable



Now where did those blue dots go?



Well, what do we have here?



An air-conditioned stone shanty with faux fire!



Only .75 miles between me and a broken leg...
on second thought, back the way we came!


Until next time...

No comments: