Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ravelympics: Day Three

It's the start of Day Three here, and I am pleased to report that I have forked Beech Wood! An interesting knit with lots of stretchy texture. I adore the yarn I used, though the cowl came out a little floppier than I had hoped. (I really don't think Lotus Yarns Aura is fingering weight, so if you use it, swatch, swatch, swatch!) Nevertheless, it is still gorgeous...


See? I'll just have to find a nice shawl pin so I can fold this baby against my neck. I can't wait until it gets cold outside!

I am now off to cast on for the 3-Hour Sweater. I realized when I was gathering materials that I did not own a pair of US 10.5 circulars in 24 inches. Fuzzy Mabel to the rescue! My Inox Express needles have shipped so I can start the ribbing on this sweater while I wait for the post man. I'm going to work it flat (in true vintage spirit) because I think Caron Simply Soft works best when it has some seamed structure. Wish me luck:)

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks very soft and I love the Victorian colors. Another wonderful project, Little Darling. - Mom