Monday, March 9, 2009

Mayday, mayday...

Howdy friends! I have been very naughty about blogging lately, but it's because I am actually getting stuff done in my non-crafty life. I turned in my MA thesis in early February and finally had my follow up last Friday. It went quite well! I'm so close to finishing it and getting my first advanced degree! So I have been working on that. I am also restarting my dissertation. It's not always that a gal can call an academic do-over, but I need to. The process was not working, since I wasn't given adequate research time, and I have no idea where the whole thing is going. It may mean loans or a real job or something, but so be it. Way more excited about the whole thing now!

I do have craftiness to show you all, so I will try to get my butt in gear and post about that Tuesday. I have new spindles and fiber and knitting WIPs and an FO or two to trot out! Exciting times! I am also designing a pair of men's wristers for my friend Mike in exchange for a painting, which he's already finished! Jeesh...I'm really under the gun now. At least I ordered the fiber on Saturday morning. I plan to spin all the yarn I need. The design is really awesome so far! I can't wait to share them...and they will be my first pattern for sale! Look ma, no hands!

Until next time (Tuesday, to be precise)...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your ma thesis.
i cant wait to see the craftiness tomorrow! (and hopefully some of it in person on wednesday.)

Anonymous said...

Sarah Dawson, M.A. Looks great! Congrats, My Little Brown Face! - Mom