Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Naughty weather...Positive Energy

Howdy do folks! I still have no good pictures of my Steggy, because it has been raining almost daily here:( But c'est la vie. In lieu of FOs, I have decided, thanks to other friends in the blog universe, to post all positive things that happen to me this week. I know! A whole week of me being positive? C'est vrai!


Yesterday, I woke up at 6:30 and decided to head to the gym. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical (intervals) and 35 minutes on the treadmill walking at 3.3 mph. Then I walked home - another 20-25 minute walk! That makes more than 90 minutes of exercise yesterday! Rock!

At 10:30, I met with my master's thesis advisor, and the meeting went well! He thinks it's ready to go with a few small edits. It also needs to go to my second reader who is on sabbatical in Spain. So I made all the changes and sent it to him. He thinks he can get it back to me in about a week. Looks like I will make my May 2 deadline afterall!

I also ran into a friend at my local coffee shop and we chatted for hours about life, love, and biking. I am terrified of biking in Providence, but we finally agreed that I would try to conquer my fear a little with a 5 minute bike ride around the neighborhood...as an aside, this friend is new, but I really like him. I just think he's a really good guy, and I am glad I am getting a chance to get to know him better.

My friend Katie and I went to IHOP for pancakes! For dinner, yup! I love IHOP but I don't get to go very often, so this made me so very happy! I skipped lunch by necessity, so I tried to make up for it by ordering extra pancakes...not wise. Man was I full!

At the open mike, I decided to make cute pixie hats for two of the babies that are due in the next month...I think I will make traditional baby wear for the other two babies, considering their parents are very religious and conservative...

(Oh, and begone rain...Katie and Jake want to go to opening day at Fenway! Cooperate please...)

We'll see what positivity comes my way today!



Until next time...


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you've had some pretty good things happening lately! Sending all the positive energy I can your way.