Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's Hot in Kenchreai

I've been in Kenchreai, Greece for about two weeks now, and the temperature has really picked up! The first day we were all in Ancient Corinth, we climbed the Akro Corinth, a really big mountain that rises over the old city and the newer village. This is a view from the gate near the summit! Boy was I sweaty and gasping for air at this point...





A typical work day begins at Tasos Hotel in Ancient Corinth at 5:40am. Pretty brutal, but I'm slowly getting used to the ridiculous earliness of it all...




We then excavate in our respective trenches from about 7 to 1pm with a 15 minute snack break at 10am. A hard life, but someone has to do it:) The excavation is actually going well. I am on the cemetery team, self-nicknamed Team Death. We have almost completed one whole trench and have moved into another below it. So far we have a lot of exciting finds that can't be shared publicly yet. But it's really cool. Here's me at work!




And then after we eat yummy salami, cheese, and tomato sandwiches smeared with hot mustard, chips, fruit, and the best lemon sandwich cookies ever!, we trudge down to the Sardonic coast for a two hour afternoon swim!!!!



I don't think I need to say any more, as you most likely hate me right now:)
More to come in the next week or so!

3 comments:

KnittingHawkeye said...

I LOVED Greece! The food and scenery is just soo beautiful. The people are so kind! You're lucky you've been there for 2 weeks! I'd love to go back. =)

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Thank you Sarah, for your wonderful comment. You made my day. :) I looooove the scent of Irish spring!

If you would like to join my "dye your fibers kal," just let me know. The easiest way to join is to email me, so blogger can send you the invite via email, so you can post on the kal.

I hope you had an amazing time in Greece. I'm soo jealous. The furthest place i've been to is Hawaii! ...and that's still in the states! lol. Take loads of pictures. What an amazing view!

Knitting Up A Storm said...

yeah, um giving you the email address would be nice. lol.
It's: angelgirl_22@msn.com
Just write something "KAL" related on the email's subject so It doesn't get deleted by accident.

www.dye-your-fibers.blogspot.com