Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ravelympics: Day Eight

Yesterday was a busy day, although I did actually start the day watching USA Men's basketball. I really feel sorry for their opponents. It's just not even a little bit of a challenge.

Around 1:30 I set off on a road trip with my friends Jake and Katie. We went to Jake's dad's lake house in Sturbridge, MA, and then Jake played a solo show at the coffee shop there. Best carrot cake I've ever had. And that's saying a lot! After the show, it was back to Providence for a friend's girlfriend's surprise party. I wasn't feeling so great, but I'm glad I went and had a chance to wish her well. She leaves on Monday!

And I got some knitting done! The Vinterblomsters are coming along nicely. I'm so thrilled with the colors. I picked them based on internet colors, and was worried when they arrived that the lighter green wouldn't look good with the red or yellow, but...Look at my pretty mittens!


These are fun to work, and I am getting the hang of tensioning in colorwork in the round finally. And they fit over my man hand, so it's all working out marvelously:) I also worked on the 3-Hour sweater, which frankly, is taking forever. Yes, I have taken a few breaks. Yes, I have been knitting slowly. But, really, three hours is not humanly possible. People in the 30s must have been aliens! Anywho, here's where I'm at:


I hope to finish up this sweater today, because I am quite behind on my Ravelympics projects. Only 7 more days before the flame is extinguished, and I only have 1 project completed!!! So, I'm off to watch all the shows I DVR'd last week and knit. Enjoy your Sunday!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very nice start on the sweater, My Little One. Love the shade of blue! - Mom