Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ravelympics: Days Nine and Ten

I've actually been watching some diving and swimming and basketball and track and field... Translation? I'm not knitting nearly enough. I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to finish all my Ravelympics projects, but I am going to really try hard to do the impossible. If I really work hard tomorrow night, I just may squeak by:) Check out my progress!

3-Hour Sweater
This sweater is a bit of an enigma. There's no real sizing, other than 1930s size 16. God only knows what that means today! So I decided to just give it a shot and see if it fit. It seems to stretch around my waist which is a positive, so I am going to go ahead and seam this thing up and try it on. Right now it is napping on my blocking towel.

I'll try to seam this up on Thursday or so...wish me luck! I added two selvedge stitches this time to make seaming easier. On verra...

Vinterblomster Mittens
This pattern is not difficult. I say that first off, because I think it is a very accessible pattern for those who are new to colorwork. What it requires, however, is patience, concentration, and tireless hands and arms. My hands and arms actually started cramping up today while I tried desperatley to get past the thumb gusset. But, you nkow what? I did it!


These mittens are super cute, and they hug my wrist quite nicely. I also think the floats will help diffuse the horrid wind we have here in New England. These might derail me, because it is taking forever to work through all these darn petals and leaves!

Roundabout Socks
I don't have a travel project anymore, now that the components of the sweater are finished. This is part of the problem. So, this evening while I watch the gymnastics, I will cast on the last of my Ravelympics, Roundabout Socks. Then when I am stuck on the bus or waiting in line or at a meeting tomorrow (ahem) I can work on something!

Until next time...

1 comment:

bySarah said...

Congrats on the sweater...and I cant WAIT to meet those mittens in person. They have been in my queue for a while, and yours are just beautiful!!